Celebrate your affinity for vampire characters by dressing up as one for Halloween. You can create several spooky countenances with easy vampire makeup application techniques. When taking on the role of a frightening bloodsucker, follow these simple steps to transform yourself into a scary, undead creature of the night.
Easy Vampire Makeup Instructions
You can be a gothic vampire or opt for a more traditional look. For a basic vampire look that's easily recognizable, follow these steps. This is a basic vampire look that you can complete with false fangs and the right outfit, which should be dark and mysterious.
Simple Vampire Makeup for Women
This traditional girl vampire look requires mostly basic items that you may already have. You will probably just need to purchase a foundation that is lighter than your skin tone, and white powder. Buy low-cost brands in the smallest containers you can find.
- Lighten your complexion with foundation a few shades lighter than your true skin tone. Apply it with a sponge or your fingers and blend well.
- Follow up with a dusting of white powder. Create a matte look by using a powder puff to press it onto your skin.
- Create smokey eyes with a heavy application of charcoal or black eyeshadow. Bring the eyeshadow beneath your bottom lid and smudge it. Use black liquid eyeliner for further definition.
- Enhance your eyelashes with two to three coats of black mascara. Alternatively, you may want to wear false eyelashes.
- Use a dark color blush to contour and hollow out your cheekbones for a sunken appearance. Otherwise, blush is optional, since vampires are undead and don't flush.
- Place two to three coats of deep red lipstick on your lips so they are blood-red in appearance.
- Create drops of "blood" falling down your chin with red lipstick or face paint.
Easy Vampire Makeup for Men
A little makeup is all a guy needs to look like a convincing Count Dracula. Pick up an inexpensive vampire makeup kit or face paint supplies, or use standard cosmetics to create a traditional boy vampire look.
- Lighten skin with foundation or face paint in a shade several tones lighter than your skin.
- Pat or brush white powder over the foundation.
- Apply charcoal shadow all the way around your eyes to make them appear shrunken. Smudge with your fingers or a cosmetic sponge.
- Use blush or face paint that's darker than your foundation to create hollowed-out cheeks. Place a line beneath the apples of your cheeks and bring it down on either side of your mouth, blending well into your skin.
- Apply a coat of red lipstick to your lips.
- Use lipstick or face paint to paint blood-like drops down your chin.
Basic Gothic Vampire Makeup
The video tutorial below features simple how-to instructions to create a gothic vampire look that will work for anyone, regardless of gender. It features a combination of black and red cosmetics paired with white face paint. It's capped off (pun intended) with fake fangs.
Quick Vampire Makeup for Kids
You can quickly and effortlessly make a child look like a vampire with a basic face paint kit, a cosmetic sponge and some fake blood. This simple look is eerily easy to create.
Being a Vampire for Halloween Is an Easy Feat
There are plenty of options for customizing your own vampire makeup. Maybe you want to be a sexy vampire or a more bloody one. There's no one right way to be a vampire, so use your creativity to design a vampire look that's uniquely you. Once you've applied your vampire makeup and dressed in clothing suitable for the undead, it's time to go celebrate all things spooky. Whether it's Halloween or a general costume party, you'll fit right in with all of the other creatures of the night.