Angels are a popular Halloween costume for people of all ages. Evoking sweetness and innocence, an angel costume is fun to wear. Elevate your angelic appearance to heavenly heights with amazing angel Halloween makeup. With the right cosmetic flair, you can look like a benevolent, celestial angel, or a spooky dark angel.
Sweet Angel Makeup for Children
Dressing up like a traditional angel is a great costume idea for kids. This type of angel should have a youthful, innocent look. Young angels require very little, if any, makeup to complement their natural youth and beauty. Kid-friendly makeup ideas to go with an angel costume might include:
- Clear, pink, or sparkly lip gloss
- Light pink or peach colored blush
- White, light blue or other pale-colored shimmer eyeshadow
Consider using glitter face paint to create fun, ethereal-looking angel designs near the eyes.
Angel Makeup Ideas for Women
Angel costumes are also a great option for teens and adults who might want to add a little more to their angel makeup look. Be sure to keep the look light and fresh.
1. Flawless Foundation
For a flawless canvas, start with a facial foundation. If your skin is in great condition, a tinted moisturizer might be all that is needed. If you need a little more coverage, crème-to-powder foundation or mineral foundation will provide good coverage and still create a dewy, youthful look.
2. Angel Eye Makeup Options
There are a few ways women can approach eye makeup for angel costumes. Consider using glitter or shimmer eyeshadow pigments if you want a more high-impact eye look.
- Ethereal eyes - Create an ethereal, natural angel eye look by dusting a light-colored eyeshadow in a pearl, shimmer, or glitter formula on the lid of the eye. Apply this light shade all the way up to the brow bone. Then, apply a tiny bit on the inner corner of the eye for added brightness.
- Alluring angel eyes - Create a sexy angel-inspired look by applying eyeshadow on the entire eyelid. Then, reflect the theme of your costume in your makeup by 'winging' out the shadow with a small swirl or swoop at the outer corner of the eye.
To bring out the eyes and keep them from looking washed out or hidden in the eyeshadow, apply a medium shade in a color such as light purple, blue, or gray in the crease. You can also use eyeliner along the top lid using a similar color of eyeliner.
3. Long Eyelashes
For a wide-eyed, innocent angel look, long lashes are a must. Curl the eyelashes and use several coats of soft black or black-brown mascara for a natural look. For a fantasy look, use colored mascara, or apply artistic false eyelashes (available at many online beauty supply stores) with feather tips or other unique ends.
4. Angel Cheeks
Choose a blush color that complements your skin tone. Great options for an angel look include pink, peach, or rose tones. A gel or crème blush will help create a soft, fresh appearance in keeping with your angel ensemble, but powder blush can also work well.
5. Lovely Lips
A shimmery or clear lip gloss works well for any angel makeup look. You can also choose pearlized lipstick shades in pink, peach, mauve, rose, or cherry.
- If you are going with a high-impact eye, are using fantasy lashes, or creating artistic designs near the eye, be sure to keep the lip soft and light. You may even want to go with a shiny, sheer gloss rather than lipstick.
- If you are not going all out with your eye makeup, you may want to create a more dramatic lip look. Consider using a super-shine or high glitter lipstick or an unusual lip color such as white, silver, or gold. You may even want to create a pretty Cupid's bow pout with cherry red lipstick and liner.
Not-So-Sweet Dark Angel Look
While men can certainly dress up as traditional angels, makeup generally isn't required. However, dressing up as a dark angel is an alternative take on the angel theme for costume enthusiasts of all genders. Dark angel makeup is generally gothic in nature, with deep jewel tones and/or black hues. This type of costume generally involves a gothic or horror approach to makeup.
Heavenly Angel Makeup Options
There are a number of ways to do your makeup when you're dressing up as an angel for Halloween. Whether you choose a simple pink lip gloss and blush, go all out with glitter and eye designs, or choose a darker look, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to create the perfect makeup look to complete your costume.