Glow in the dark contact lenses are fun to wear, whether you are attending a party, dressing up for Halloween, or want to impress your friends and surprise people. Discover where you can buy these lenses and which costumes they work best for.
Buying Glow in the Dark Lenses
Glow in the dark contacts are fun for Halloween events, raves, and parties. They spice up your costume and provide ghoulish appeal, and they are available from several retailers.
- My Scary Eyes offers an assortment of UV contact lenses in multiple colors. Not only can you get bold blues and radiant reds, but they offer scary checkers, honeycomb, and white screen lenses, as well.
- Fruugo offers a unique Volturi eye in their i-glow collection if you are looking to add spice to your Twilight-themed costume.
- Spooky Eyes offers outrageous colors in addition to red dragon eyes, white cat eyes, and even white demon eyes.
- ColourYourEyes.com features a unique ali white that is sure to spice up your look.
- VampFangs has your rave needs met with their fluorescent glow-in-the-dark collection.
Wearing Your Contacts
While neon-colored UV contacts are great for raves and parties, these can also work for costume designs such as for Halloween or a black light party.
Red eyes add an evil effect without a costume, but adding glowing red eyes to a ghoul costume can take you from nice to wow. Roaming through the halls of a haunted house, others won't be able to tell who's getting paid.
Whether you are going for a full Dracula with neon red glow-in-the-dark contacts or you want to finish off your Edward Cullen costume with a pair of honey UV contacts, the eyes will make or break vampire makeup.
A witch costume can take on multiple forms. Maybe you want to go Wicked Witch of the West by adding some glow in the dark green contacts. However, if you want to get truly evil, try some red demon eyes or even dragon eyes. Maybe you just want to add your own form of evil by adding some ali white contacts to your white witch costume.
Speaking of otherworldly creatures, the fairy folk are bright, bold creatures. Depending on your costume, you can add blue, green, pink, or yellow glow in the dark lens to your eyes to provide a truly mythical look.
No one can do the Mad Hatter like Johnny Depp, but you can try your hand at it. Adding a pair of bright green glow in the dark lens pulls your bright costume together.
Yellow wolf glow-in-the-darks contacts can provide the spooktacular feel you seek, and the realism might just create a great scare for your party.
Caring for glow-in-the-dark contacts is the same as regular contacts.
- Wash your hands before touching eyes or lenses.
- Rinse your lenses with an all-purpose contact solution and store them in a contact case.
- Be sure to rinse them before you put them in your eyes and after you take them out.
- Do not reuse saline solution.
- Never use saliva to rinse your contacts.
- Do not keep lenses longer than recommended.
- Do not wear them overnight.
- Contacts, even fun ones, need to be replaced every few months.
- If you experience redness, pain, or irritation, contact an eye care professional immediately.
The Finishing Touch
Adding glow in the dark contacts to your rave ensemble or Halloween costume is the perfect way to finish your outfit. Wow those around you with your glowing eyes.