Looking for a Tomb Raider Halloween costume? Perhaps you look great in bikinis or want to look like Lara Croft. Whatever your reason for wanting this costume for Halloween, we'll tell you where to find this costume on the Internet and how to make your own authentic-looking costume. All you need to add to your ensemble is attitude and the ability to do a few back flips.
Lara Croft, Tomb Raider
It's a good idea to know a little about this character before you assume the role of Lara Croft in costume. People will be expecting a little bit from you, after all, you're supposed to be something akin to a superhero.
So, what is Lara Croft all about? This will give you a little insight into what makes Lara tick.
Lara was schooled by private tutors and then in private schools. She discovered she enjoyed rock climbing when she attended Gordonstoun Boarding School. There she also learned that she had a knack for shooting guns. Next, she attended a Swiss finishing school where she learned extreme skiing. During a ski trip to the Himalayaas, her plane crashed and she was the sole survivor. A few weeks later, she came upon a small village and made a life changing decision. She shed her upper class lifestyle and decided to strike out on her own. Now when Lara isn't busy searching for ancient artifacts, she lives in a mansion she inherited in Surrey, England. This is also where she keeps in shape on her custom assault course, built right on the property.
Ms. Croft achieved fame when she hunted and killed Bigfoot and drove the Alaskan Highway in record time. Her favorite mode of transportation is a Norton Streetfighter street bike. She's always happy when she has a gun easily within reach. Lara has incredible athletic abilities and is always looking for new extreme sports challenges. In a sense, she is a tough, futuristic female version of Indiana Jones.
Where to Find Tomb Raider Halloween Costumes
The Internet is one of the best places to find your Tomb Raider costume if you don't wish to go to the trouble and make it yourself. There are a number of merchants who sell different versions of this scanty costume.
- Buy Costumes - This website sells an aqua tank top and brown shorts costume that has more coverage than the typical black bikini style costume. They also sell a version with a brown cut-off shirt with brown shorts. Both costumes have the familiar leg holsters for Lara's pistols. These costumes average around $80. Complete your costume with dual pistol set ($13) and long brown braided wig ($20).
- Costumzee - sells both versions of the new Lara Croft costume in aqua and in brown. They also carry the dual pistols.
- Annie's Costumes - this site sells the Vixen costume, which is the all-black costume. Includes black spandex short jumpsuit, gun holsters and squirt pistols ($20). You provide the glasses, boots and wig. They also sell a grey spandex jumpsuit version for $30.
- Amazon.com - sells a wide variety of Tomb Raider Halloween costumes and accessories.
- eBay - find lots of new and used Lara Croft Tomb Raider costumes and accessories on this site.
Make a Tomb Raider Costume
If you can't find a costume you like in the size you want, it is easy to make any version of this costume. The items you need include:
- Tank top
- Short shorts
- Small round framed sunglasses
- Jungle or combat style boots with socks
- Shoulder holster
- Tactile pistol holsters
- Utility belt
- Wig - if needed
The clothing items, glasses and water pistols can be found in thrift stores or in your favorite retail store. The props: boots, holsters and utility belts can be found at any military type store or sportsman store. The wig can be found online or in the Halloween costume section of your favorite retail store.
If you decide to buy your costume online, buy early. These sexy costumes are always popular and tend to sell out early. If you need more guidance on making your own costume, visit these Lara Croft sites: