Captain Hook, Davy Jones, Captain Jack Sparrow - their legends bring out the pirate in all of us, and for Halloween or masquerade, no disguise is more fun than the pirate costume.
Infant and Toddler
There is nothing quite like a well-chosen outfit to enhance the cuteness of your toddler or infant, and the pirate theme is no exception. Find the one that complements their personality and make them the life of the party.
- Pirate Princess Infant Costume with its cute black and white dress, attached red coat and pirate hat. At less than $30, it's sure to be a hit.
- For a gender-neutral infant costume try the Cap'n Stinker. With its bandana and large belt buckle, this outfit promises to generate some 'oohs' and 'ahs.' The outfit is priced around $30.
- Get your young buccaneer ready for adventure with The Rascal Pirate Costume for toddlers. Outfit features a striped sailor shirt, jumpsuit, black vest and red belt with cropped, jagged-hemmed pants. At $10, it's a steal.
Younger boys and girls are starting to show their personality, so why not give them some independence and let them choose from costumes designed with their age in mind.
- To add flair to your child's costumes check out the Dress Up line sold by BuyCostumes.com This line has plenty of styles and sizes for both young boys and girls. Create a stylish look for your girl with the Carribean Pirate Girl Costume. This stunning ensemble comes with mid-length red dress, ruffled cuffs with a black and white striped satin sash and bandana. It is priced around $70.
- Let your son take on the persona of Blackbeard the Pirate with this 4-piece wardrobe priced under $50. Costume comes with a faux leather jacket with attached vest, pirate hat and bandana, black pants, and a large red sash for the waist.
Tween and Teen
This age group often has the advantage of being able to wear larger children sizes or adult sizes, which works in their favor since it opens up more options.
- You can pick up a costume for your teen daughter at the same place. Consider the Swashbuckler costume, available in sizes 4-14. The Swashbuckler costs less than $50 and the Pirate Lass Costumes retails for around $30.
- For less than $60, you can get an exclusive pirate costume for a teenage boy from Halloween City. Their Teen Realistic Pirate Costume is just that -- very realistic and authentic looking. It comes in standard adult and plus sizes and includes a knee-length black velvet coat, a tricorn hat and a white shirt with puffy sleeves.
- For your adventurous daughter, the Charming Pirate Captain Costume should be a good fit. This 100 percent polyester outfit includes a black dress with decorated red cuffs and attached petticoat. Cost around $50.
Whether you want to go alone, as a couple, traditional or sexy, you have plenty of options.
- Who doesn't want to be Captain Hook? The exclusive, deluxe $100 version at Halloween Costumes is designed for comfort. It is complete with elastic waistband, black and gold trimmed red velvet jacket and faux leather knee-high boot tops. Wardrobe also includes a pirate hat with a black and white bandana attached to it.
- Go as a couple with the classic Pirates of the Caribbean look. The Classic Captain Jack Sparrow Costume features a shirt with attached vest, pants, sash and bandana with attached hair. The Deluxe Angelica Costume, available in small to 2X features a cream blouse with a ruffled neckline, sexy black corset, feathered pirate hat, and black stretch leggings. Get the pair for less than $100.
- If you are looking for a sexy outfit, head on over to Costume Supercenter as this store carries an entire line of sexy pirate outfits including posh pirate princess, a saucy rum runner, a naughty wench, or a feisty captain. Costumes start at $30.
If you are looking for costumes to use in a play, themed party or want an outfit based on a historical figure, any one of these stores should be able to meet your need.
- Medieval Collectibles has a complete line of deluxe and exclusive pirate wardrobes and accompanying accessories. Their Mary Read Pirate Coat, available in women sizes small to x-large, is based on the pirate of the same name. Read spent most of her adult life masquerading as a male pirate. This site contains many more historical figures like John Rackham (Calico Jack), Captain Cottuy, and Captain Morgan to name a few. Most of these complete outfits cost at least $200.
- Dress Like a Pirate is another great place to get accessories and authentic-looking pirate clothing. Their Captain Ansell Frock Coat is a thick cotton canvas twill long jacket with metal buttons and flap pockets and comes in three colors. It sells for about $200. Besides costumes, they sell shirts, pants, jewelry and pretty much anything pirate related.
Less expensive pirate costumes are generally available in the costume section of local stores around Halloween. If you still can't find what you're looking for, your best bet may be to make your own pirate outfit.