Which Character Should I Be?
The hardest part of buying Disney Halloween costumes is deciding what character you want to be. Since Disney has been making movies since the 1920s, there are hundreds of Disney character costumes for you to choose from.
Costumes for Children
If you're searching for an outfit for a little boy, the selection of Disney Halloween costumes includes heroes like Toy Story's Woody and Buzz Lightyear as well as costumes to represent the entire cast of the movie Cars. The new hit movie Ratatouille will likely inspire many costumes, too. If you're looking for a classic costume, popular choices for boys include Peter Pan, Mickey Mouse, and Prince Charming.
Popular Disney Halloween costumes for little girls include princesses such Snow White and Cinderella, as well as classic Disney characters like Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck. For preteen girls, Hannah Montana promises to be one of the most popular Halloween costumes this year.
If you're looking for a gender-neutral costume for your child, check out characters like Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet. Characters from Disney's Baby Einstein line are also quite popular Halloween costume choices for infants and toddlers.
Costumes for Adults
Disney Halloween costumes aren't just for children! Adults can celebrate October 31 by attending a costume party dressed as their favorite Disney characters.
Popular Disney Halloween costumes for men include Captain Hook, Jack Sparrow, Davvy Jones, Goofy, and Prince Charming. For women, the selection of Disney Halloween costumes includes sexy versions of Disney princess outfits as well as the evil queen of Narnia, Maleficent, Cruella De Vill, and Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast.
If you're attending a Halloween party with your significant other, you may want to look into Disney costumes for couples. Popular choices include Donald and Daisy Duck, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, and Sally and Jack Skellington from Disney's The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Costumes for Pets
If you want to celebrate Halloween with your four-legged friend, you can even find Disney Halloween costumes made just for pets. While the selection isn't nearly as large as you might hope, it's not too difficult to find Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell, Snow White, Tigger, and Goofy costumes for cats and dogs.
Places to Buy Disney Halloween Costumes
Since Disney characters are often among the most popular costume choices for Halloween, you can generally purchase Disney Halloween costumes wherever Halloween costumes are sold. However, it's best to shop early to enjoy the widest possible selection.
If you can't find the outfit you need at your local costume shop, check out the following online retailers:
- Obviously, the Disney store carries a number of popular costumes for trick-or-treaters of all ages. You'll find outfits for boys, girls, men, and women, as well as a selection of Halloween costumes for your pet.
- Spirit Halloween and PartyCity both have a wide selection of popular Disney costumes and accessories.
Disney Costumes on a Budget
If you're on a tight budget, there's no need to give up your plan to wear a Disney Halloween costume. The following tips can help you get the costume you want at a price you can afford:
- If you're looking for a child's costume, you may be able to purchase a used outfit from another local parent. Ask around at your child's daycare or school.
- Local thrift shops and consignment stores sometimes carry used Halloween costumes. Call the stores in your area to see if the costume you want is available.
- You may be able to rent your costume from a local shop if you live in a larger metropolitan area.
- If you can sew, you can use Disney costume patterns purchased on eBay and websites such as SewingPatterns.com to create your own outfit.
- If you plan ahead, you can purchase Disney costumes on sale after Halloween and save the outfits for the following year.