Costumes serve as an avenue for children and adults alike to transform into something unbelievable. Whether for a festival, theme party, performance, Halloween, or just for fun, costume options are nearly endless. Browse the below stores' aisles or their user-friendly websites and mold into something scary, sexy, silly, or totally unique.
Party City is the nation's leading party goods retailer and largest specialty party goods chain. Offering an array of costumes for babies, toddlers, children, tweens, teens, adults, couples, groups, and plus size year-round, there is a good chance you'll find a costume for everyone in the family. Bizrate reviewers give it an 8.7 out of 10 for overall satisfaction, and say it's one of the best because they make it very easy to find what you are looking for, in-store and online, and have a wide variety of products available.
Baby and toddler girl and boy costumes start at around $20 and go up to around $70 for deluxe costumes, with a huge variety in-between. They have an awesome clearance section with costumes marked down to $10.
Women's and men's costumes start at about $15, and go up to about $100. If you want an ultra-deluxe costume with all the thrills and frills, you could spend up to $500, but that's kept under a special "Deluxe" section in each category of costumes (i.e. children's, men's, women's, etc.). Couples' costumes are bought separately, so plan on spending at least $100 for two costumes.
Party City operates more than 800 franchise stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as locations throughout Asia, Europe, and Australia. Take a peek at the store locator to find a store near you.
Reminiscent of an actual party or celebration, the stores burst of brightly-colored party supplies, magnificent costumes, and the wildest selection of accessories. It's the perfect one-stop costume shop for a fun, quick, and awesome shopping experience.
- Conquer the costume wall, which features images of each and every costume available. Pick whatever one strikes your fancy and an employee will head to the back and grab it for you. They do this to avoid mess, clutter, and confusion, and it's actually quite effective.
- Know your size. This will help make your visit successful.
- Predict the weather. Before buying costume gear, think about the climate for the day or night of your event and pick something suitable. You don't want to freeze or overheat in your getup of choice. If it's going to be cold, grab some tights and a shawl. If it's going to be a bit hotter, skip out on the heavy jumpsuits.
- Accessorize. Party City has a ton of modern and affordable trimmings and frills, including gloves, capes, hats, glasses, masks, wings, wigs and so much more. This will add a unique touch to your costume.
Easy-to-browse and appealing to the eye, the Party City website offers a huge selection of costumes and accessories for every occasion. Shop by gender, size, color, or age to find the perfect attire. With easy returns and same day shipping, dressing up has never been so easy.
- Purchase early. Don't wait until the last minute to choose a costume, especially when ordering online. Get it ahead of time so you can try it on and make sure everything's good to go.
- If you have any questions, ask. The site features an excellent customer service section to ask questions, calculate shipping time, cancel orders, make changes to orders, request returns, and more.
- Check out one of the many Party Ideas Guides, which offer tips on mixing and matching costumes and accessories, as well as how to host the perfect theme party.
- Sign up for emails to receive discounts on supplies and costumes.
Toys"R"Us, Inc. is the world's leading toy retailer, offering a fun shopping experience through a wide variety of brands. For more than 60 years, it has been a favorite destination for kids and adults with its impressive assortment of toys, games, learning aids, electronics, children's apparel, and of course, costumes.
They offer a broad assortment of costumes at an affordable price for the whole family, as well as accessories, candy, pumpkin carving tools, and more. Infant costumes come in newborn sizes to 24 months, while they feature some of the most popular costumes for girls, boys, tweens, adults, and family.
A wide variety of infant costumes are offered at just $10, with the highest costume costing around $40. The average boy and girl costumes start at $25 and trickle up to $50, with a few here and there outside of those numbers. Adult women and men costumes start at about $15 and can jump up to $100, with most in the $25 to $50 range. Simple accessories can be bought separately for around $20, so if you're looking for an Egyptian headpiece or a Lady Gaga arm cuff, you're in luck.
It has nearly 600 stores throughout the United States, more than 685 international stores, and over 170 licensed stores in 35 countries. If you've ever visited a Toys"R"Us, you know the store is immense, inviting, and entirely the package deal. They have everything you need for the ideal costume and promise you a brisk, comfortable, and enjoyable shopping trip.
Toys"R"Us is user-friendly and provides shoppers with a broad online selection of costumes. Movie characters, superheroes, classics, and Disney Princess are just a few choices to get you thinking, but explore for yourself and see what appeals to you.
- Start your exploration by simply typing "costumes" in the search bar. This takes you directly to the Halloween Headquarters, which features costumes from in-store and thousands found online only.
- See special offers. When you select a costume, you'll see this in red, underlined text below the amount. This will inform you of things like whether or not gift wrap is available, is you qualify for free shipping, and deals on saving.
- Read costume reviews. What's better than knowing what someone else thought of the exact costume you're inquiring about? Check out the star rating if available and don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Shop accessories by top sellers, top rated, or what's new. They have many options available, from wigs to gloves to robes to toy weapons.
- Track your order. This is an imperative tool for knowing exactly when your order is going to arrive.
Spirit Halloween's specialty stores are one of the best one-stop destination for everything shoppers can imagine for the Halloween season and beyond. From costumes to wigs to accessories and more, this family-friendly store offers a complete selection for infants/toddlers, children, tweens, teens, and adults.
Detailed store ratings prove this is a popular place to shop. With high scores in product selection, design of site, clarity of product information, and satisfaction with checkout, your shopping experience will be a breeze.
The extremely clever, cute toddler costumes start at just above $20 and ascend to about $50 while boy and girl costumes start at $20 and go up to about $80. Adult women and men costumes tend to come with all the essentials and props for the perfect getup. Prices start at $20 and shoot up to $300 for the ultimate deluxe ensembles. Most are in the $40 to $60 range, and there are plenty to choose from.
Sort by price to find one that's in your range, and you will end up one happy princess, witch, vampire, or pirate.
Spirit Halloween Superstores are located in all 50 states and throughout Canada in all major markets. The typical store opens around Labor Day weekend and closes in early November. The vast merchandise assortment and notable visual presentation make a client feel as though they are stepping right into a spooky Halloween scene.
- Since these are pop-up stores, they are only open during the above time range. Make sure to check out the store locator and head over during hours of operation.
- In addition to being a fun and interactive event for shoppers, the store is highly organized. Shop by theme, size, and gender to find exactly what you're looking for.
- Corresponding accessories are closely positioned to the costume of choice, so you won't need to wander through the store to find what you need.
This easy-to-navigate site allows you to shop by wigs, masks, brands, themes, or sale items, as well as by adult costumes, kids' costumes, accessories, or decorations. Available for year-round purchases, you can "enter the spirit world" with no fear, as they offer satisfaction guaranteed.
- Take advantage of the in-home delivery cart, which estimates the exact delivery date of your order based on the current contents of your shopping cart.
- Track your order by the order number and billing zip code.
Get Into Character
Dressing up can be fun and easy when you know exactly where to shop and know the tips and tricks on shopping from there. Whether you decide to shop in-store or online, select a costume you absolutely love and give it an extra special touch by throwing on accessories, utilizing props, and acting the part.