Whether you're a professional belly dancer or you're just looking for a great outfit for your next costume party, there are many wonderful belly dancer costumes available online. Knowing where to shop and the options available from each retailer can take the guesswork out of finding the perfect look.
Performance Costumes for Belly Dancers
A performance-quality dance costume needs to be well-made and beautifully styled. You may buy parts of your costume separately, rather than purchasing a complete outfit, or you can also buy a whole costume in a matching color scheme. The following retailers specialize in quality professional belly dance costumes.
Dancing Rahana has an incredible selection of quality dancewear. You'll find everything from bra tops to skirts, all authentically styled and well made. Prices range from about $30 to $70 per separate piece. Sizes range from small to extra large, and many skirts are designed as one-size-fits-all.
- You'll be impressed with the details, as with the amazing Black Velvet Coin Bra. It features a crocheted overlay in amber and a generous number of jingling coins and fringe and makes a good, affordable choice for a professional dancer. It retails for about $65.
- The Gypsy Red Sequin Circle Skirt is another fine piece for serious dancers. It's made of semi-sheer cotton decorated with sparkling red sequins and retails for about $55.
The Belly Dance Shop
The Belly Dance Shop has a full inventory of complete costumes, separates, and accessories. Complete costumes cost from about $400 to $700, making this a good place to get competition costumes and performance outfits. They are carefully constructed and can be custom made in most sizes. These complete costumes come with all the accessories like veils, belts, wrist bands, or sleeves.
- The bright red Harem Set includes halter top, sheer-leg harem pants, a hip scarf and a head scarf. It retails for $55.
- You can also buy separates like the Tribal Velvet Coin Bra, which ties behind the neck and in back. It's covered in gold-colored coins and retails for about $60.
Featuring a full range of performance-quality belly dance costumes, Dahlal Internationale offers separates, practice wear, accessories, complete costumes, and more. You can search by size, style, designer, and budget, and you can also custom order the costume of your dreams. Each costume is a specific size, including the hip circumference, skirt length, and bra size. There are lots of choices in all size ranges. Prices range significantly depending on the costume, but a complete outfit costs between $200 and $800.
- The Eloquent Eclipse in Black has gold embellishments. It includes a bra, skirt and sheer net midrif, and it retails for about $375.
- The All That Glitters costume is a masterpiece in royal blue and silver. It features a bra, slitted skirt, cuffs and veil, and the costume is embellished with pearls, beads and crystals. It retails for under $700.
Casual Fashion Belly Dance Costumes
If you're looking for a belly dance costume to wear for fun or to a party, there are plenty of great affordable options in a range of sizes. This type of costume won't have the elaborate details and quality fabrics and construction of a professional costume, but it will be more affordable. If you're looking for a costume you plan to wear just a few times for fun, consider one of the following retailers.
Miss Belly Dance
Miss Belly Dance sells everything from performance costumes to practice wear, but they also have an absolutely amazing selection of fashion costumes. These complete costumes range from about $35 to about $130, but there are many options in the $60 range. Most of them are made of stretch fabrics, so they are one-size-fits-most.
- The Belly Dance Harem Girl Costume Set is a fun pink color and fits most sizes. It includes a halter top, veil, beaded hip scarf, and chiffon skirt. It retails for $70.
- The Glitzy Glam Costume Set is a modern choice in black and silver. It features a cropped bra top, black pants with silver accents, and a hip scarf and retails for about $55.
Amazon.com has dozens of complete belly dance outfits, perfect for wearing to a costume party or other fun event. There are costumes for kids and adults, as well as plus size options. Prices range from about $20 to around $80, depending on the complexity of the costume.
- The gorgeous Belly Dance Organza Costume Set comes in small/medium or medium/large. It includes everything you need for a complete look: a skirt, top, belt, and veil. This costume sells for about $80.
- The Royal Smeela Belly Dance Costume is another great option. The costume comes in small through extra-large sizes and features an elegant blue bra and mermaid skirt with sequins and bead accents. It retails between $93 to $170 depending on the size chosen.
Plus Size Belly Dance Costumes
There are lots of great costume options for fuller-figured ladies, whether you're a professional belly dancer or you need that iconic look for a party or event. Several stores specialize in offering extended sizes. Consider one of these retailers.
SharifWear sells belly dance clothing for all women from XS through 4XL. This is a great place to purchase full costumes, as well as separates, for plus size dancers.
- The Recital Set for Bellydance fits women in the L/XL range. The set comes in opal and features a tied top and double foldover pants with flared legs. The set retails for $80.
The Perfect Costume
It's easy to find that perfect costume, whether you need a look for your professional belly dancing or something to turn heads at a party. Check out the selection at a number of stores before deciding; that way, you can find the ideal costume for you.