Glow in the dark contact lenses are fun to wear, whether you are attending a party, dressing up for Halloween, or if you just want to impress your friends and surprise those around you when you show up with with a pair of glowing eyes.
About Glow in the Dark Contact Lenses
Glow in the dark contact lenses are, just as the name implies, contacts that glow in darkness. They are special effect lenses designed for theatrical use as well as for fun. First used to create glowing eyes in movies or on television, these lenses are now available to the public. They are the latest craze at rave parties and are used to make a dramatic statement by whomever chooses to wear a pair. They are perfect to wear for Halloween as part of a costume and will add a special effect to any costume you pair them with. The best part is that you do not need a prescription for vision correction to get a pair of glow in the dark lenses; you can get "plano" lenses that have no vision correcting capabilities--just pure fun.
Glow in the dark contacts will not glow in total darkness so be aware that they work best in clubs or events that use black lighting.
Glow in the dark contacts come in the following colors:
What Makes Them Glow
Are you wondering what makes the contacts glow in the dark? The answer is simple. They are coated with luminescent material on the lens surface. This material is meant to glow when under UV lights and causes the lens to radiate in the dark.
Where To Find
Glow in the dark lenses are available with or without a prescription. Most eye care professionals can order special effect contacts in your correct power, such as the glow in the dark lenses. You can also get them online at different retailers who specialize in contact lenses. If you are looking for a pair that does not require a prescription, you may be able to find them at a novelty or costume shop. Be careful when wearing a novelty pair of lenses. You will want to be sure that they fit your eye properly and won't scratch or damage your eye.
Some online sites to check out include:
- Shop 4 Contacts: This site has White UV Glow in the Dark Lenses. These lenses are designed to be changed on a monthly basis and since they are for theatrical use only, they are available without prescription.
- ColorVue Lens has Glow Blue ColorVUE lenses. They glow with an illuminant lens effect. When under the disco lights, these lenses will glow in the dark and will make your eyes sparkle.
- Vamp Fangs feature Blue Rave Glow FX Lenses Special Effect Contacts. These soft lenses come without vision correction so they can be used for both theatrical and cosmetic use.
- Vision Direct has Neon Green Rave Contacts that will attract the attention of those who dare to look you in the eye.
- Coco Contacts sells Rave Blue Contacts. They are aqua blue and glow under black light.
- Halloween Express has Rave Special Effects Contacts that will be the perfect complement to any costume you choose to wear for Halloween or a costume party.
Caring for glow in the dark contacts is the same as regular contacts. All you need to do is rinse your lenses with an all-purpose contact solution and store them in a contact case. Be sure to rinse them before you put them in your eyes and after you take them out. Do not keep lenses longer than recommended. If you experience redness, pain or irritation, contact an eye care professional immediately.